Rainmaker Waterfalls & Mangrove Monkey Experience
This tour begins at your house, hotel, condo or hostel where we will pick you up and drive you 45 minutes – 1 hour south to Rio Seco’s edge. We will start hiking the trails with Hand rails and easy to follow footpaths along with observation platforms allow you to observe waterfalls and capture, with photographs, the rich biodiversity this unique site has to offer.
Rainmaker is home to Morpho butterflies, varieties of birds, the colorful poison dart frog, and thousands of unique plant species. Depending on the time of year, visitors are also afforded sightings of incredible reptiles and other animals that make their way down to the water. At the end of the walk a pristine waterfall pool will beckon you to enjoy a refreshing dip.
Continuing up the trails, visitors will come to the Canopy Bridge System. This system consists of suspension bridges, built to U.S. engineering standards. The six sections total 250 meters, spanning from platforms attached to massive hardwood trees to create the most impressive Canopy Walk in Costa Rica. The design permits minimal forest impact, giving our participants an opportunity to explore the majesty of the forest canopy from a bird’s eye view.
Then we will drive to our mangrove property at Damas Island where two small freshwater rivers meet by channel that is surrounded by beautiful vegetation, such as heliconias, gingers, ferns, palms, guarumos, observing nests of ants and termites, also find crocodiles, birds, snakes and white-faced monkeys that come to play in the boat and so after reaching the mangroves and seeing their imprecise roots, growing in an environment of mixed water between salt and freshwater, so you can experience how animal species interact in two different ecosystems both very different and beautiful, full of nature.
- We operate daily with a minimum of 2 people
- If you are only 1 person, please ask for availability
- Starting/Pick-up times is 7am
- Pick-up is is included within the Jaco area
- If you are not in the Jaco area: Please meet at Playa Hermosa Vacation Office in Central Jaco or we will coordinate transportation with you.
- If you are a part of an existing group or staying at one of our Vacation Rental properties, please add the name of the person that the existing reservation has been made under in the Order Notes during the Checkout process.
2 person minimum
2-3 people $180 per person
4-5 people $155 per person
6+ people $140 per person
Deposit $50 per person
- Mangrove Boat Ride
What To Bring:
- Active wear
- Tennis shoes or Water Shoes